Sunday, October 10, 2010

The Duck Swamp

When I've heard Reed talk about the duck swamps and all his adventures there......well, I've never had a desire to go. Isaac has gone and has thoroughly enjoyed himself but, Reed has been asking for YEARS if I would go with him to the duck swamps. Something about a smelly swamp, sitting in the tall grasses, sitting in less than favorable weather conditions and waiting for ducks to fly directly over top wasn't my idea of fun. Well, he finally talked me into going and the whole family went to the duck swamps. The weather was perfect and the landscape was beautiful.

At the last second before we left I grabbed suckers for the kids. I called them our "lucky duck" suckers and they worked like a charm to get the kids to sit in the weeds and quietly lick their suckers with their eyes pealed to the sky for any sign of ducks. 
Of course the kids got silly with their suckers and wanted me to take a picture of them with their "lucky duck" suckers.

The boys added their hats to Abbie and she ended up with three hats by the end of the evening. 
The kids had to wear Reed's camoflage gear and they loved that it was large and that it was dad's cool stuff. 
Isaac was playing with his sucker then asked if I would take a picture of him with his sucker. I took this photo then he said, "See Mom, that was my serious face." I see, I see. You are too funny buddy.
Abbie got my attention by saying, "mom look...I look like a puppy because I have two big ears!" I love your creative imagination! 
Reed was goofing off when I asked to take his picture and now he wished I would have taken another picture but I had to remind him that I was GOING to but then some ducks flew nearby and my picture taking was forgotten. So, sorry honey this is the best you get a cheesy hunting shot at the duck swamps. I think it's cute! I know...duck hunting isn't cute so I'll keep my other cute thoughts to myself. Thanks for taking us. It was so beautiful watching the sun set over the great salt lake with all the red, orange, yellow and purple colors. I enjoyed myself and would possibly go again but, if it's snowing, raining, hailing or any other nasty weather options....you better call one of your other hunting buddies because I am going to be busy. Love ya and thanks for showing us one of your favorite hobbies!
Cassy Final

1 comment:

  1. Cassy it is so good to hear from you! I am having blogging difficulties...every time I open a new page by internet freezes and I have to reset it...so I have been in blog exile...rog fixed it for a day then the problem was back so I am muddling thru because I miss my blogs so much... so hopfully I will be posting again soon! Thanks for the comment!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails