Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Sometimes you meet someone really special

I had a really special experience this weekend. We went to the funeral of an infant who has the same probable diagnosis as our precious Jacob. First of all I want to say we've met some really great people through all of this and I truly believe that you meet people for a reason. The friends I've met through various stages of life have been there for me and I am truly grateful for some really special people in my life. I've met a really exceptional lady and family through all of this with Jacob and I just wanted to share a little bit of that. When we first found out the diagnosis of our baby, we were scouring the internet and books for all the information to try to make sense of what was happening. I met Brandi through her blog. I finally got up the courage to comment and she emailed me right back. Since then, it has been amazing. We've been able to email back and forth and have been able to share our experiences through our blogs. There has been so many times when something she has posted has been exactly how I was feeling. It is so special to have someone to ask those questions about what are they planning to do and other questions....just to have someone to talk to that really understands what you are going through. So much of the information on the internet is so technical and doesn't say anything about the religious side. I feel like heavenly father guided me to her and she has been such a rock and inspiration to help me through some of the difficult times. This last weekend we attended their babies funeral. As we were standing in the viewing line...Reed leans over and says...honey are you okay...you're squeezing my hand pretty tight. I was nervous...we had talked over emails and blogs but, never met in person. Reed and I wanted to go to give our condolences and to say thank you for all they had done...they truly are amazing. The first thing she says to me is "I know who you are..." and she gives me a hug. I can't tell you how special it has been to have someone like her. Everything she said to me was something that I wanted to ask but, never would have. It's like she was guided to say the things she did. She has posted the most beautiful slide show tribute of their little boy Aaron. What a special little angel. I just wanted to share how thankful I am for her and their amazing family. If you would like to see their little angel you can go to her blog...I added it to the side bar of this blog. They are the Jensen family and they are amazing people and God has entrusted them with a precious angel. Cassy Final

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you have support from great people like that! What a cute family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are too kind, and thank you for coming to support us. I know for you to come took a lot of courage, especially knowing this is what you have in your future. I am here for you...but I think you are more here for me. I only have one regret wih Aaron and that is I didn't kiss him when he was alive, I hurried and had him blessed, and let his brothers hold him and read to him and passed him to his daddy and them the time was gone. So make sure you take all the time with your baby that you need. LOVE YOU and sincerly heart broken for you and your family. Make all the memories you can while you have him:)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails