Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Dustin's Funeral

Dustin's funeral was very nice and the support for the family was humbling. There are so many people that love Dustin and his family and the support was definetely shown. There were many private moments but, they will stay private. I do want to post some pictures of the funeral because it does show a great tribute to what a great man Dustin is.


Reed and Abbie at the viewing. 


Ashley asked me to do the life sketch. It was humbling to compile everyone's memories of Dustin. He will be sorely missed. We love you Dustin! I think it was so touching and shows the man Dustin was when the last thing he did was text his wife "I love you!" He truly loved his family!

This is Reed and I after the service before we went to the graveside. There was so much support there! There was a spirit of love and support present!
Dustin and Ashley's youngest was so cute! Such a doll!

We stopped back at my sister's house for a potty break and packed last minute things into the truck before heading over to Vernal for the graveside service. It was a three hour drive, so we let the kids play for a minute to get their energy out. All the kids jumped on bikes and scooters and played hard for a few minutes!

Too bad all the bikes were girl bikes...the boys didn't seem to mind, they were happy to play for a minute.


The graveside service was held at Rock Point cemetery. Reed was asked to be a pall bearer. He was honored. At the gravside service they had us repeat the obituary and the life sketch because some people were only able to come to the gravside service. Them being in different states. So, after I cried my way through the life sketch again, the pall bearers laid their white roses on the casket. It was a very touching tribute.


There was so much support, it was touching to see how many people came, even from long distances.
This is the family, everyone except my brother that is on a mission in Mexico.

One of my best friends from high school has moved to the east coast but, her mom came to support our family. My mom and her are friends also. Small world.
Our piano teacher, cindy came to the graveside service. She taught all of us piano lessons. So, we saw this woman every week of our life until we left home for college. She has since moved so we were surprised to see her. That meant so much!


Dustin and Ashley's girls (the oldest and youngest). They are so cute!
Dustin, we are so sad that you had to move on but, we know you are in a better place. We know that you are waiting there with family that love you and had a great reunion with those that have gone on before. We love you and will miss you!
This poem was on the program at the funeral and sums this up perfectly.
"To Those I Love & Those Who Love Me"
When I am gone, release me, let me go I have so many things to see and do. You mustn't tie yourself to me with tears, be thankful for our beautiful years. I gave to you my love. You can only guess. How much you gave to me in happiness. I thank you for the love you each have shown, but for now it's time I traveled on alone. So grieve a while for me, if grieve you must, then let your grief be comforted by trust. It's only for a time that we must part so bless the memories within your heart. I won't be far away, for life goes on so if you need me, call, and I will come. Though you can't see or touch me, I'll be near and if you listen with your heart, you'll hear all my love around you, soft and clear. And then, when you must come this way alone, I'll greet you wth a smile and say: "WELCOME HOME"

Cassy Final

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails